All London’s A Stage

Beth’s varied experiences in the Theatre in London program

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacifc Northwest, United States

All of the ADHD, none of the creativity.

2.5.07

Arrival

I could say that I fell in love with this luscious raggedy-edged green island the moment I saw Wales from the sky, but that would be inaccurate. As we fly over the southern coast, Brighton, and towards Gatwick, I feel as if I have met for the first time someone whom I have loved all my life.
Flying over the NYC area was marvelling at the huge apartment buildings that poke up from a blanket of small apartment buildings that spreads in all directions as far as the eye can see.
Flying over England is discovering a hundred little hamlets tucked into clusters of trees separated by meadows in all shades of green: rich emerald, sunny peridot, sombre olive, smooth crayon green like the color of my mother's eyes.
I'm already dreading departure.

1 Comments:

Blogger PMom said...

Looks beautiful!

May 3, 2007 at 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home